PriceMe’s 10-year anniversary month is coming to an end. We very much appreciate the kind words and feedback that you have provided – we’re more than ever energised to keep improving the site. Please check out some of the feedback here:
We have arranged a lucky draw as part of the celebrations. The prize is an iPad sponsored by our friends at Expert Infotech.
During the month of September, we’re celebrating our 10th birthday, and we’d love you to join us in celebrating our significant milestone.
All of us at PriceMe want to thank you for your loyalty and support during our ten years in business. Continue reading
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Review and WIN PriceMe Competition 1
Write a product review or review a retailer on PriceMe during the month of April 2014 and be in the draw to WIN an HP Action Camera worth $250
How to Review a retailer on PriceMe Continue reading
PriceMe’s new Broadband plans section is great for consumers that want to cut their monthly broadband bills. On the new broadband section of PriceMe you’re able to find a plan that fits your needs by comparing the monthly and first year costs of each plan from different providers in New Zealand. You can see the top 5 broadband plans and compare the different types for broadband connection from ADSL to Fibre / UFB connections.
The launch of the PriceMe broadband comparison comes at a key time with a group of broadband companies in New Zealand having just agreed to standardize their residential broadband plans. The group responsible for developing this standardized offer includes Telecom, Vodafone, Slingshot and Orcon. Continue reading
Connect with other PriceMe users using our recently launched a forum at forum.priceme.co.nz.
Ask questions, share ideas and participate in discussions on a broad range of topic related to products and shopping in New Zealand. You can use Facebook or your existing PriceMe user account to add, post and reply to topics.
We’ll integrate the forum more tightly with the website shortly (it’s a bit disconnected at the moment).
Please let us know if you have some ideas on how to improve the forum.
Dreading hitting the shops to buy Christmas gifts for family and friends this year? Daunted by the prospect of long hours walking around searching for the perfect gifts? Deterred by the crowds of other Christmas shoppers all on the same mission ? Don’t know what to buy or if it’s a good price? Is there an alternative? Yes …….. and you don’t even need to leave the comfort of your own home!
Shopping online is now easier than ever and these are just a few reasons why it’s so popular:
- You can buy unique and exciting gifts that aren’t available in the high street.
- The world is your oyster – you’re not limiting yourself to what’s in your local area. You can buy from anywhere in NZ or overseas to help you find that perfect gift.
- Shop when it suits you, not just when the stores are open. Online shops are open 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
- You don’t need to worry about the kids seeing what you’re buying, you can shop online discretely or even when they’re sleeping, so any gifts you buy them are still a surprise!
- Information is power. You have all of the resources you need to make the right choices when you shop online. You can research gift ideas, read reviews on products and even compare prices, so that you know you’re getting a great deal. All of this information is easily accessible with just a few clicks of your mouse.
- Save money online. Products can often be cheaper online as online retailers usually don’t have the same high overheads that physical stores have, so they can often sell the same product at a cheaper price.
- Delivery anywhere. Even if you live in a remote area you can still shop online. It may take a few days longer for delivery but you’re not disadvantaged at all. Delivery charges may be higher to rural areas but this is offset by the money you save on petrol by staying at home!
- Staying in touch. If you have loved ones that you won’t be seeing this Christmas, online shopping enables you to have their present sent directly to them at no additional cost. Many online stores also offer a gift wrapping service.
- Gift vouchers for online stores are a great idea. They allow the recipient to choose and order their own gift and have it delivered directly to their door when they’re ready to purchase.
- No crowds, no queues, no pressure and more importantly no stress!
You are probably wondering why you haven’t done your Christmas shopping online before? Just remember, it’s not only Christmas gifts that you can buy online, you can buy anything from your Christmas Tree to your groceries online. Christmas can now be stress-free and easy, so make the most of it and enjoy shopping online!
Try visiting a comparison shopping site to make it even easier for gift ideas, product reviews and a great selection of retailers to choose from. Price comparisons and forums bring everything together in one simple Website. Check www.priceme.co.nz and start shopping now.
We’ve just launched a new facebook page and to make it fun, our friends at Elive (www.elive.co.nz) have generously sponsored the competition prize of a sexy new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet. Please check out and share our new facebook page and be sure to enter at www.facebook.com/PriceMeNZ – good luck!
We have launched a new blog for PriceMe Finance. You’ll find financial news and savings tips at
Our aim is to provide objective information that helps Kiwis to save money and avoid financial pitfalls. Please check out the new blog and let us know what you think.
Participate in PriceMe’s user survey and the chance to win $250 worth of shopping vouchers from The Warehouse.
We invite you to take part in our 2012 PriceMe User Survey. As always, we will respect your privacy and assure participants that all responses are treated confidentially and will be used for informational purposes only. We appreciate you taking the time (approx 5 mins) to provide your answers to the survey questions, and thank you once again for helping us improve our site for other PriceMe users like yourself.
Please submit your answers to the survey questions by 4.00pm on Friday 15th June 2012, and you will automatically be entered into our lucky draw for the $250 online shopping voucher from The Warehouse. The winner will be drawn randomly from the list of completed surveys that we receive on Monday 18th June 2012, and will be informed by email and on the blog.
We currently mainly list banks and finance companies, but will add other types of financial providers like building societies and trusts at a later stage. We’ll also expand the number of categories shortly, so that you can also compare health- and car insurance provides, KiwiSaver schemes etc. Our goal is to offer a comprehensive financial comparison site that enables Kiwis to find the best financial product or service available in New Zealand.
PriceMe Finance is currently running in beta mode, and we would greatly appreciate if you could let us know what you think.