From daily deal websites offering great deals on products for one day only to Click Monday and Click Madness, websites that bring many online retailers together for the ultimate online sale day – online shopping has gone discount crazy!
The next craze to hit the world of online bargain shopping is Flash Sales, where websites offer you products at up to 80 percent off the recommended retail price. Just like a flash mob, these Flash Sales pop up from nowhere and are gone again in a flash! When you see these hugely discounted products you have to wonder if they’re really a bargain or is it too good to be true?
PriceMe had a look at some of these Flash Sale websites to see what all the fuss was about and to find out if you really can bag yourself a bargain in a flash.
What we found:
– Flash Sale bargains are available for a limited time only – usually 24 hours to 5 days
– You have to be registered to the Flash Sale websites to get the best deals
– You have to login to browse the deals
– Sizes are often very limited
– Delivery times are much longer than usual (up to 30 days in some cases)
– There are often charges for delivery and returns
– The most complaints about Flash Sale websites relate to delivery
How does it work?
– Flash Sale websites sell excess stock at hugely discounted prices for a limited time only to encourage impulse purchases. Often they offer surplus designer or last season stock that they can buy at very cheap prices, and they pass these savings onto customers in a Flash Sale.
– You have to be registered to hear about the sales and to benefit from the bargains on offer
– It really is possible to bag yourself a bargain if you don’t mind waiting longer for your items to arrive and if you’re happy to shop through the frustration of limited sizes.
Here’s a few Flash Sale websites from around the world:
ASOS.com, Fab.com, Gilt.com, Ruelala, Zuliliys, HauteLook, BeyondtheRack, JackThreads, Brandalley.co.uk, Achica.com, En.vente-privee.com, theoutnet.co.uk, secretsales.com, NZsale.co.nz, buyinvite.co.nz, mysale.com